I do not have anyone to clean my house. I do it myself. And, I actually don't mind doing it. But when you're 6 weeks from having a baby, chasing a 3 year old, cleaning someone elses house, and just doing those normal daily chores, the deep cleaning doesn't happen. So who else to the rescue other than...my MOM!!
She has come over a few times over the last two weeks, heavy duty cleaning accessories in tow, ready to get down and dirty with my deep cleaning projects. She scrubbed my floors on her hands and knees, cleaned baseboards, vacuumed my sofas and baseboards, sprayed all my pans with easy-off so they look brand new, and tons of other things. I cleaned along with her, but didn't do those on-your-hands-and-knees kind of projects. She helped me organize some of my closets. She also steam cleaned the carpets in the nursery and steam cleaned my upholstered rocker and ottoman. So thank you mama! Thanks for giving up a few days to help me get my house ready for my son. I can't thank you enough! So many things were checked off that (now, ever decreasing) to do list that I keep in my mind, thanks to you and your hard work. We also found the fabric for the window treatments for the nursery and my sweet mother is going to sew them up for me. My mom is super talented when it comes to sewing, so I'm sure what would take me a few days to do, she will do it in a few hours. What would this girl do without her mom?
And one small update on the nursery...IT'S PAINTED!! Can you believe it?!?! With the rain and so much moisture in the air, it will have to sit and dry till the weekend. Saturday morning, hubby is going to assemble the bed and we'll start loading the room. I cannot believe how much we were able to accomplish over the last five days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yea for moms! Can't wait to see the nursery complete! Miss you!
Can you please send your mom to my house :-)?
Thank you for your comments, but it was my pleasure to help you get ready for Garrett James Silliman. That is what Mamas and Lulus do, isn't it? Another plus was that I got to see more of my precious Isabell. You, Wes, and Isabell are wonderful blessings in our lives, and we are excited for you at the coming of Garrett to join Isabell.
With all my love and the love of Christ,
Mama
Mom's are always the best!!
Post a Comment