Five years ago today, I was getting pampered and all done up for a special meeting. At 6:00, I had a special appointment. I was to meet my love at the end of an aisle and vow to love him until the end of time. It was one of the most special days in my life! The last five years have not been without struggles, but I wouldn't have missed this adventure and journey for anything in the world. It's such a special thing to know that at the end of a hard day, he's going to walk through that door and love me no matter what I look like or what kind of day I've had or how messy the house may be.
And while I have loved being married and having children and immensely enjoy the life we share together now, I couldn't help but think about how different my day was today than my day was five years ago today.
Five years ago today, :
- I awoke to a special breakfast,
- my parent's house was full of people filled with excitment of the days activities
- my hairdresser and a make-up lady were ready to make me look my very best
- I put on the most special outfit a woman will ever wear
- all my friends and family gathered to celebrate love
- I danced and laughed until my feet ached and my cheeks hurt
- I went home with my Prince Charming.
Today:
- I awoke to a little girl's voice asking for cheerios and juice
- my home was filled with the sounds of little children and Clifford, the Big Red Dog
- I put my hair in a ponytail and was simply thankful to get my teeth brushed, forget the
makeup
- I put on yoga pants and a t-shirt
- I planted seeds with Daughter, ran around in the backyard chasing bubbles with her, went to
Walmart, mopped floors and put away laundry
- And my Prince Charming came home to take us all out eat.
While I feel like my life is so different from 5 years ago, I couldn't imagine this journey without my Hubby. Thank you, my love, for marrying me 5 years ago. While our journey hasn't always been a smooth ride, it's a ride I wouldn't wanted to have missed. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on five years! What a sweet post about how different, but wonderful our lives are now!
Congrats on 5 years! How time flies! I will call you tomorrow to catch up, sorry I've been MIA.
Post a Comment