Yep, that's right. It's time for the big girl bed! Hubby was out for most of the afternoon and evening and I got a wild hair to set up Daughter's big girl room. It's been on that "to do" list I was telling you about and I thought today was as good a day any since it was cold and wet outside. Once I told her what we were going to do, she was really excited. We don't have the box springs at the moment (we'll have one by week's end), so it's just the mattress laying on the floor. I had the bedding, mattress cover and sheets so I did it up all pretty and she was just thrilled. I think her exact words were, "Mommy, this is amazing! Great job, Mommy!" (followed by applause and hugs and kisses) When Hubby got home, she was so excited to show him her big girl room. (I also built a small cubbie unit and rearranged her room and organized her toys and books). Well it came bedtime and she did pretty good. Hubby had to lay with her a while, but she stayed in her new bed and as of 10:45 tonight, she still hasn't gotten out of it. Hubby and I just checked on her a minute ago, like we do every night, and this is what we found...

I'll post some pictures of her room once it's complete. I still have to refinish the bed, hang some pictures and get new window treatments. But we have some big projects on the agenda over the coming weeks, so I have a feeling those last few things for her room are going to get pushed back for a couple of weeks. Next up, painting the house, getting hardwood floors installed and a garage re-do.

1 comment:
I love the pics of Sleeping Beauty! Ben thought they were great too. In a few months you'll have a whole new house...can't wait to see it all! Good luck :-)
Post a Comment