Monday, March 2, 2009

Learning my lessons

So, I've been home for a while and I'm definitely learning some lessons. The one that God seems to be driving home lately is that all things happen in His timing, NOT mine. From big things to small things, my Lord is really illustrating this to me lately. Once I knew I was quitting work, I created a "to do" list of all things I wanted to do, now that I had the time. Well, lets just say that I haven't checked many things off that list. First one thing and then another have come up and my "to do" list gets shoved further and further back under piles of other things. In the beginning, I didn't really realize that God was trying to show me that He had other plans and that I needed let go of my control and let Him have it back. Yes, I'm a little slow sometimes, but I am finally learning that lesson. Slowly but surely, God is working on my control issues. I'm pretty stubborn, so it takes me a while to catch on. He has definitely revealed to me some mistakes I have been making as a wife and mother. I've learned that it doesn't matter if the house isn't clean, or the laundry isn't folded, or the meal isn't ready when Hubby walks in the door. I've learned to do less if it means that daughter gets to do something special or Hubby gets a less tired wife at night. Thanks to my bible study, I've learned how to be more prayerful for Hubby and how I can be better for him. (Imagine that...I could change!) But I am learning, even if its slowly, and that's the important part.