So today was the day.
The day I sent my little girl off to preschool.
She seemed so small walking into that school.
She cried.
And once she was clear of my sight, I cried.
I called Hubby. I'm sure he thought my tears were silly, but he gave me the same encouragement I gave my daughter as she got out of the car: "It's going to be GREAT! She's going to have so much fun!"
All morning as I did my housewifey duties, my mind wandered to my daughter. What was she doing? Was she having fun? Was she making new friends? Was she listening to the teacher?
I was able to get a lot done while she was at school. I even managed to get a shower. In private. I even had the time to shave my legs. In peace.
It was finally time to go pick her up. I couldn't wait to see her and hear about her day. Her teacher put her up in the car and she climbed right for me for hugs and kisses. She didn't have much to say about her first preschool experience. I mean, I guess you can't expect many details from a two year old. However, she did say the most precious thing to me, and for the second time that day, I felt the tears coming.
She said, "I just missed you so much! I'm so glad to see you!"
My thoughts exactly.
**I haven't had a chance to upload the pictures, but I will tomorrow.**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sweet! I bet it must be extra hard with that little boy growing inside of you!
Don't worry if she doesn't tell you what they do; AE doesn't either.
Post a Comment