First things first...I hope everyone had a safe and happy Memorial Day Weekend! And we also want to wish a Happy Birthday to Aunt !! Her birthday was the Sunday before Memorial Day.
The Saturday morning before we left for the beach, I helped throw a shower for my good friend Lindsey. She and her hubby are expecting their first baby in July. It was a beautiful shower held at my parent's house (thanks Mom and Dad). We had perfect weather and Lindsey seemed to really enjoy herself and got lots of great things for Little A!
Saturday afternoon we left for the beach. I was so excited to get away and regroup. Daughter did pretty good on the ride there (a 6 hour drive). We didn't get there until about 10:30 pm so we went to bed pretty quickly because we were tired. The week at the beach was fabulous! It went by way too fast. We did some shopping, the guys played golf a couple of days and we spent a lot of time at the beach or the pool. I have to say that it was much easier being at the beach now that Daughter is only on one nap a day. We didn't feel like we were on such a tight schedule. Our little girl really enjoyed herself and she got to do so many new things! They had a little amusement park that had kiddie rides on it and we ended up going twice because she had such a good time. She is definitely more daring than her mother! She did almost every kiddie ride there was and even rode the bumper boats with daddy. We went by this restaurant where you can feed alligators and she loved looking at the alligators. She loves animals, so we figured that she would really enjoy it. On Thursday afternoon, my dad rented a little car and a Scooter for us to enjoy for a couple of hours and this was Super Fun!! We even got Daughter in the car and she loved feeling the wind on her face. She is such a little dare devil, I'm sure later in her life I'll be the "Fun Killer" in not letting her do things she wants to do because they are too dangerous. Now, she is a little hesitant about the ocean. I'm not quite sure why...maybe it's the waves or crashing sound. She didn't want to venture too far into the ocean, but she loved the pool. Towards the end of the week she would even put her head under water. But she did love the sand, playing in it, eating it, digging around. And she looooves her sand toys. In general, the whole week, we didn't go anywhere without a shovel or a rake. There was this really nice public playground provided by a church a couple of minutes from the house and she went there a couple of times. I swear, that girl could swing for hours and never get tired of it! On the trip, Daughter finally learned how to call my mom. My mom is Lulu, but Isabell isn't good with the 'L' sound yet, so we changed it to Nunu for the time being. She loved saying everyones names. If she said one name, she would say them all, she was so proud of herself. Mom and Dad even kept her one afternoon and evening for Hubby and I to go to some things just the two of us, and we capped the evening off by eating at this yummy seafood restaurant where we sat on the deck overlooking the ocean. The trip home went good, she was such a little angel all the way home. So, we were busy but we had such great time! We are so grateful to my parents for providing us with such an amazing vacation filled with so many good memories!!
We didn't really do anything special for Memorial Day, we just stayed pretty close to home. I've added some pictures of our beach vacation. Of course, we took tons of pictures, but I have a limit on how many I can upload ;o)
Here she is at the beach. Notice the GIGANTIC yellow shovel. This is the shovel she carried almost everywhere with her.
Resting with daddy after a full day of fun

At the beach (notice the shovel yet again)
Riding the airplanes at the Kiddie Amusement Park. She is cutting some teeth, so she would not relinquish the pacifier.

At the park swinging...with the shovel
I'll try to upload a few more pictures in another post.
1 comment:
This is the first time in awhile that I've checked the blog. Looks good! Thanks for the birthday wishes! Your gift was the most fun...love our paintings!!
Thanks-Heidi
Post a Comment