Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day 2008 - Take 2

Awww....I have such a sweet hubby!!

We had a great Mother's Day weekend! This year, we decided to do things a little different so that we could make sure that everyone got their time to feel special. Both of our Mothers live close to us, so we wanted their special day to be Sunday, and decided my special day would be Saturday. This turned out to be great! On Saturday, I got to relax and enjoy the day with my family. I got a pedicure, I got to take a nap, and I didn't have to cook or feed Daughter. Later in the day, Hubby made dinner, Low-Country Boil, and it was delicious! After dinner, we went for a little walk around the neighborhood. After Daughter went down, we got ready for a busy day on Sunday and just hung out with each other.

On Sunday, we went to church and Daughter went to her new Sunday School Class and made me her first Sunday School Art project. It was adorable! It was a Mother's Day poem with her coloring around it. After church, we went to brunch with my Mom and Dad and later went back to their house for Daughter to nap. It's so rare that I get the opportunity to just visit with my parents, so it was really nice. When we got Daughter up, we went to Hubby's Parent's house and went out to eat with them and back to their house to visit for a little while. Daughter cuddled up to Mimi and let her rock and hold her, which I'm sure was all the gift Jan needed. So, it was a really beautiful day!!

On a side note, I want to thank my Mother. I have always appreciated my mother and know that she is an amazing woman. But I am so much more grateful to her now! She has more than prepared me for motherhood. And she has set such a good example for me of what a mother should be. My mom has walked with me through every peak and valley of my life, and I am so grateful that she is here to walk through the days of motherhood with me. It is such a blessing to have her there as a sounding board or as someone to brag to when Daughter does something amazing. I know that Mother's Day can be difficult for my mom, so it was really nice to see her happy yesterday and enjoying being with her family, in particular, her granddaughter. So, Thank You Mom for being you and for being my Mom!


Here a few pictures from our Mother's Day weekend:





I hope everyone has a great week!

Felicia

No comments: