Thursday, August 14, 2008

Date Night

Hubby and I have a date night coming up and I am really looking forward to it. To some of you reading this, you might be thinking that its no big deal. But for those of you with little ones, you know what I am talking about. Its a chance to find a sitter (thanks to our parents) and have a meal without bibs or baby food, have an entire adult conversation without interruptions and get dressed up in an outfit that you know won't be stained with spit up or pureed peas by the end of the day. Hubby is a pretty quiet guy, and while he has a lot of thoughts and feelings about certain things, he doesn't always come out and say it, even to me. That's why I look so forward to these date nights. Its just me and him and we can just chat, in an unhurried way, about what's going on in our minds that we don't always have the time to say outloud. The day after a date night I not only wake up refreshed as a Mom who has had a night off, but also as a Wife who had a chance to reconnect with her husband and learn something about him she didn't know beforehand.

To my Hubby, I love you and I am looking forward to our date!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It should be some fun! I can not wait.