Monday, August 11, 2008

Your Grace Is Enough

Hubby and I were getting Daughter ready for bed last night and we heard her singing with her binky in her mouth. So, we took her binky out to get a better idea of what she was singing. We then realized that she was singing "Your Grace Is Enough" by Chris Tomlin. She just sang it over and over again and I was blown away. I can't tell you what it is like to hear your child sing praises to her God. She and I had been in the car earlier in the day and I had a Christian Station on the radio and that song had been playing. I'm generally always singing along with the radio and she is usually singing her own song in the back seat. Once I heard her singing that song at bedtime, it got me thinking how very, very impressionable our children are, especially at this age when they want to copy everything you do. They can pick up the smallest word or action that you think they didn't hear or see. After a rather challenging afternoon with Daughter, to hear her sweet little voice singing that very appropriate chorus, the small things faded away and I was reminded of what is truly important.

1 comment:

phillips phamily said...

Ansley's favorite song! Mommy belts it out-loudly and off-key- but she still likes it. She calls it "The Grace Song". They sure play it enough on the Fish!