Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Clutter Bowl 2009

Do you hear that? It's me...climbing out of my dark hole. Haven't heard from me lately? Don't feel unloved. Most people haven't. I haven't called my friends to chit chat or check in. And I also haven't really been answering my phone. I know, bad me. But I have had my hands full adjusting to my new routine. Well, it's not really the routine. I'm loving that. It's the clutter and crap in my house that has made me AWOL lately. Before, when I was working and away from my house 4 days a week, I noticed that my house was somewhat cluttery and disorganized, but I didn't let it get to me. I thought, well, I won't be here tomorrow so I won't have to look at it. And to be honest, my time before was spent on necessities like laundry, dusting, ironing, cooking, etc. Now that I am here almost every day, the clutter has driven me nuts. So, I'm taking it room by room. And my hope is that soon, everything in my home will have it's own home. Our family has a lot on our agenda for 2009, so I've got to get a handle on this mess.

In other news, I am loving being a SAHM. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. And Daughter seems to be loving it just as much. She seems much calmer, more at peace and loves waking up in the morning and saying we're staying home. And she really looks forward to her playgroups and going to the nursery at church because it's special now, not more forced time away from home. I am enjoying my bible study at the church. It's a study about being a prayerful wife (if you want a good recap of our weekly lessons, visit my friend, she says it much better than I could). Normally in situations like a bible study, I am more of a listener. Not that I don't have thoughts or feelings, I just tend to sit back more and take it in instead of speak up. Hopefully I'll find my voice over the next 7 weeks. We'll see.

Over the next couple of days I plan to post my updates on Christmas. Better late than never I guess.

2 comments:

phillips phamily said...

I love how you called me "friend" so that I may remain anonymous! Ha!

Come on over because I've been staying at home for quite some time now and haven't cleared much of the clutter and chaos around here!

The Morelly Family said...

I'm just so happy for you. The brief moments that I've seen you, you seem to have a spring in your step! Glad to hear everyone is enjoying it!