Yes, I know, I need to make my updates about Christmas. It is, after all, only January 2nd. Way behind, I know. It's coming.
But before I get to that...Wednesday was my final day as a working woman for a while. I'll still be working, just won't get paid with dollars. My final day was bittersweet. Sad to be leaving the place that I worked when I met my hubby, got engaged, got married, had a baby, and made some good friends. Happy to be coming home to love on my family and take care of them. Everyone was so sweet. An old employee came in with a sweet card and a flower. The office gave me a sweet card signed by everyone and two beautiful Gardenia bushes. My Dad came to see me, toting flowers and camera to capture my last day. A final office lunch for me with my fellow employees and then I turned in my key. I came home to Hubby and Daughter already in the throws of playing with the still-new toys she got for Christmas. Hubby had a goody bag ready for me with my favorite snacks and candies and a heartfelt card. He's a good egg, that one.
So today marked my first day as a SAHM. I took my time getting ready and getting Daughter ready, made Hubby's lunch and sent him off to work. Daughter and I went to playgroup in the morning and had a great time with our friends. Came home with a sleeping toddler in the backseat to a house where my previously neatly stacked up Christmas decorations were now scattered about, thanks to the dog. UGH! Laid Daughter down, after punishing the dog, to a hopefully long afternoon nap. NOPE! She was up and down for about an hour before I just gave up and succumbed to her desire for no sleep. So we decided to run some errands. My first errand was fruitless, as they did not have the item I was looking for. Got out at the second stop, where I quickly realized that I had left the stroller in Hubby's car. NOT GOOD! But we managed. You want to know something though? Even with disheveled Christmas decorations, a napless child, no mode of transportation for Daughter to shop, and dropping my car off at the mechanic...I still had a great day! Normally all those things combined into one day would mean my undoing. Not today! Nothing could have zapped my excitement for today. Nothing could have robbed me from enjoying every moment of today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
so happy for you~ enjoy!
I am so happy for you and your family. I know this is what you have been patiently waiting for! CONGRATS! BTW, I miss you!
Post a Comment