Can you guess what Lulu, Daughter and I have been up to?


Yup! We're doing some canning and freezing. On Tuesday we headed down to the Georgia Farmers Market. I haven't been there in ages. It was so good to see those slots full of Georgia Farmers with crops to sell. This trip we're doing Strawberry Jam and Peach Rosemary Jam. We're also making some pickles. And we're canning and freezing some peaches, squash, okra and peppers. We also saw lots of tomatoes, so next week, Lulu will go back out and pick up a few boxes for us to make our own spaghetti sauce to can. This is all a lot of work and a good bit of money up front, but I know that we'll be glad we did it when we're not doing the work or spending the money over those chilly winter months. Later in the fall, we'll make another trip to get our apples and pumpkins for canning homemade applesauce, apple pie filling, and making apple and pumpkin butter. And it's fun to do this with my mom! Her mom taught her, she's teaching me and one day, hopefully, I teach Daughter.I love the smell of a house filled with fresh fruits and veggies! Here are some of the fruits of our labor. Doesn't that look yummy?!?!

This is the Strawberry Jam and Canned Peaches. Mmmm Mmmm!
(These canned peaches will sure come in handy when baby boy starts eating fruits. I can just blend them up for homemade peach baby food.)

1 comment:
WOW!! That is an undertaking!!
Post a Comment