Yes folks, that's what Daughter says when she is eating something she likes. Its so cute! In light of her new phrase, I thought I would post a yummy recipe I made tonight for dinner. I have made this before for Hubby and he always really enjoyed it, but I completely forgot about it and haven't made it in about a year. This recipe comes from my Betty Crocker Healthy Choices cookbook. Its great on a day that you're craving some ridiculously sinful Italian dish. Its a healthier way to feed that craving.
Creamy Chicken & Corn Fettuccini
8 ounces uncooked fettuccini
1 pkg (10 0z) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
6 medium green onions, sliced
1 tub (8 oz) roasted garlic reduced fat cream cheese
1/3 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups cut-up cooked chicken
1 jar (2 oz) diced pimientos, drained
1/4 tsp pepper
Chopped fresh parsley, if desired
Cook fettuccini as directed. While noodles cook, spray a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Cook the corn and onions for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until corn is crisp tender. Stir in the cream cheese and milk into the corn mixture until blended. Stir in the chicken, pimientos and peeper and heat through. Drain the fettuccini and combine all ingredients. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
I usually serve this with a salad and some sort of bread.
I hope you enjoy it as much as Hubby does!
Nutrition facts: 465 Calories, 15 g Fat - Makes 4 servings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I will definitely try this. Thanks for sharing!
left overs were just as good! Thanks for being such a great cook.
Post a Comment