There is nothing I can do for her except to keep her fever down. She won't play. She won't eat. She won't smile. She looks at me and cries out for me, yet there is not much that I can do to help her feel better. She seems content to sit in my lap or lay down with me, but that is short-lived. She's in pain, and I don't have the answer. These are the moments I feel ill-equipped to be a Mom. These are the moments I continually second-guess myself. These are the moments I wish I had wisdom beyond my years.
So what do I do? Bring in reinforcements...Call my Mom!! And of course, she does what any good mom does, she tells me I'm doing the right thing, gently suggests other options and tells me everything will be fine.
When I got off the phone with my mom last night, I thought to myself how blessed I am to have my mom here in these moments when I'm wondering if I am doing the right thing. Its so easy to just pick up the phone and ask for help. So, I thought, why then is it so hard for me sometimes, when I'm struggling with something, to call on my God for help. In just a moment, I thought of several things that are going on in my life that I haven't sat down and talked with God about or sought out His wisdom. He is all-knowing, after all. Hasn't He commanded me to cast my cares upon Him and lay all my burdens at His feet? Yes. But sometimes, I rely on the opinions and suggestions of those around me instead of seeking out His desires for my life and following the path He has set before me. Do you ever find yourself doing this? Is it just me?
**********************************************
**upadte**
Yikes, I must be alone on my feelings! I think in the future I'll stick to a lighter fare and leave the serious stuff to others. On a good note, Isabell is feeling much better. She bounced back like a champ, busy as usual.

1 comment:
It isn't just you & you aren't alone. Calling on your mom or others is instant knowledge & gratification & sometimes as moms you need that reinforcement that you are doing the right thing when you doubt your mom skills. You are doing great as a mom, wife, and friend & as a Christian. So just know there are others out there, including me, who need to take the time & have that one on one talk with God. Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment