Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Wandering Mind

I don't really have much to blog about this week. This week marks the calm before the storm in our house. After this week, things are really going to pick up for us. So we are just trying to enjoy some quiet and calm before everything breaks loose. But I do have a lot on my mind...wanna see what I've been thinking about?

The Holidays - Who is where? When do we need to be there? What are we supposed to bring? Will I get all the decorations up in time? Need to get some wrapping paper.

2009 - Am I sure I'm going to like it? What if I don't? I hope I'll be good at it!

Gloves - It's cold...time to get the gloves out. Need to pick up new hat & gloves for Daughter.

Craft Stuff - Which idea should I do first? I'm excited to finally have some time to create.

Hardwood Floors - I need to call some places to get them out to the house to give us some estimates. I can't believe we may be actually getting rid of our downstairs carpet. Have you ever seen carpet that looks like it has the measles? If not, come visit our house, you'll see!

Painting the House - What color? Hubby and I cannot agree!

Cooking - Need to make my menus for December. I'm excited to try some yummy new things throughout the holidays. I think I'll go get some apples this weekend and make Daughter some homemade applesauce.

My Hair - Got an appointment next Tuesday. I've been thinking about cutting it off, a little above the shoulders. Never had hair that short. What if I don't like it? Then all my holiday pictures will be with a haircut I hated. But, it's just hair, right? Still need to decide. Maybe I'll wait until January to cut it off. I just don't know.

Knee highs and pantyhose - Need to pick some up. Boy, will I be glad when I don't have to wear these during the week!

Friends - I am so blessed to have such good friends. Need to be better about checking in with some of them. Haven't been such a good friend to some, need to make more time.

See, lots of random stuff, all jumbled around in no specific order. But, it's in there, nonetheless!

What's on your mind?

2 comments:

Lou Lou said...

Girl go for it! The hair I mean. I love experimenting with my hair. I am getting it chopped off and dyed brown this weekend. My attmept at box color brown didn't last very long.

The Harris' said...

Let me know how the hardwood search goes. If I am going to get my carpet that looks like it has the measles, mumps, and chicken pox all in one is to agree to have the whole bottom floor in hardwoods.