I quit.
I actually quit.
For real.
Wow.
Let me back up a few hundred steps to explain. My dreaded task for today was to resign from my job. You see, I'm coming home to be a full time Wife and Mommy, and I am so elated I could dance around in a fit of joy. But I had to actually quit the job first, you know, to make it real. And I did that today. It was hard. I was nervous. But I completed said dreaded task. And it's over. My boss was fine with it. I was a little nervous about how he'd take it, but he was happy for me. So that definitely made things easier. It's always been hard for me to close out chapters in my life because I am no good at goodbyes, even if what is waiting for me in the new chapter is wonderful. This was my first job out of college and I think I have grown a certain attachment to it. But, on January 1, 2009, I get to have the best job ever...to love on my family and take care of them. Did I mention that I was excited?!?
When I found out I was pregnant, I knew I wouldn't be able to be a stay at home mom. But I still started praying for it and I prayed everyday and believed that God would answer my prayer. Some days, doubt would creep in and I would wonder if He heard me, but I knew deep down He heard me and He would answer when the time was right. I so longed to be home, loving on Hubby and Daughter and having time to get involved with my church and my friends and my own hobbies. At the beginning of 2007 I started working only three days a week. I don't know if this almost made it worse. I had a taste of stay at home motherhood and wanted it even more. And finally this November, He answered my prayer. Hubby got promoted and other things fell in to place and I saw that I would be able to come home to stay. It just goes to show you that God does hear our prayers, but we just have to remember that His timing is perfect. He knows what is best for us, and we just have to trust in Him and believe that He will always protect us and provide for all our needs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am very excited for you to be a "stay at home Mom"! You are already a GREAT Mom and I look forward to the new year.
Congrats! So excited you get to stay home! What an answer to prayer...yeah God! Love you!
Of course I am happy for you, but I am most definitely going to miss you around here. Maybe my prayers will be answered mid-year or sooner. Enjoy this new chapter in your life. Luv ya!
Post a Comment