What a day we had on Friday! I was tired, but we had so much fun! We were in line to see Santa by 9:30. She did great with Santa! I was a little nervous because as Wes was leaning down to sit her in Santa's lap, she had a death grip on his shirt. But she sat, and they chatted, she smiled, wished Santa a Merry Christmas, got a candy cane, and we were all done! I couldn't believe it! Whew!
After Santa we went up to Build-A-Bear to build her very first bear. She chose the Koala Bear. She wasn't that in to helping stuff the bear, she really just wanted to watch. But, once the helper left, she seemed to like it. She and Daddy bathed the bear, brushed the bear, all while I filled out the Birth Certificate. We decided to name her Holly. She loves her Holly. Even slept with it for nap time and last night.
We were then off to the Pink Pig. I was excited to do this Atlanta tradition with her. Well...it wasn't an entirely pleasant adventure. Only because we had to wait in line for ONE HOUR! The first half, Daughter and I walked around, rode some escalators, got some lunch, while Hubby waited in line. The second half, Hubby strolled Daughter around while I waited. Needles to say, we were in full out meltdown mode by the time we got to our turn. But as soon as she and I sat in our cubbie to ride, no more tears, just smiles. She really enjoyed it!
We then came home for nap time. After nap, we headed off to my friend Stacy's house for a play date to do cookies and crafts. Daughter had a lot of fun, mostly playing through the glass with the big dog on the back deck! She helped a little with her Santa craft and really enjoyed eating Stacy's yummy cookies on the way to meet Hubby. It was nice to get together with our friends and we both had so much fun. Thanks Miss Stacy!
Then we were off to see some lights. Hubby's parents came with us. We all went out to eat at Marietta Diner, and it was super yummy. Then we were off to Life University to see the lights. We stopped at the beginning to see the sights and the animals and ride a pony. Then we piled back in the car to tour the lights. She loved it! It was warm enough to roll down the windows, so she had a really good view!
So, the day full of fun was a success. Saturday, I got some time to myself to visit with my best friend Brooke. Even though we talk all the time, I don't get many opportunities to hang out with her sans Daughter. Hope everyone had a wonderful Weekend Before Christmas!!
**There are no pictures, because I have no time to upload them right now. I'm planning on doing a Christmas Slideshow later in the week**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment