Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Thank you Dear

I'm in my last days as a working-outside-the-home woman and I've been thinking a lot lately about how blessed I am to be coming home to be a full time wife and mommy. I am so grateful to God to be given this chance to focus on my family. And just as grateful for Hubby, for without him, I couldn't do this. Appreciative does not even begin to describe it. You see, Hubby used to work for his Dad and about a year and a half ago, an opportunity presented itself to go somewhere else to make a more steady income. Although he was excited about the opportunity, he felt horribly about leaving his Dad's company. We talked about it at length, but I left the decision up to him. Ultimately, he decided to take the opportunity and leave his Dad's company. Even thought he has told me bits and pieces, I will never know how hard it was for him to tell his Dad he was leaving. We don't talk about it much, so I know, deep down, it still bothers him. He ended up really liking his new job and after one year he got a promotion. That promotion is what is affording me to stay at home and take care of my family.

So, to my dear Hubby, thank you. Thank you for making Daughter and I your most important priority and making that really tough decision that has truly blessed our family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for those nice words. I am blessed to have you two.