Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Elf with no name

My good friend Dana gave me a gift today. And I am excited!

First thing after dinner, we popped open the package and set out our elf and tried in earnest to explain to her the meaning of the elf. Did she get it? I don't think so. But I'm hoping repetition is the key.

For those of you who may not know what The Elf of the Shelf is, it's an elf that lives in your home throughout the Christmas season. He is a watchman for Santa and his location changes every day throughout your home. He has magical powers that allows him to fly to see Santa at night to report to him about your child's behavior (naughty or nice).

We haven't named our elf yet. We want to let Daughter do that. He may very well go nameless this year, but that's okay.

I am thrilled to start this new tradition!

No comments: