Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Now it's her turn

Wes and I have had several opportunities over the last couple of weeks to celebrate the Christmas Season with friends, but Daughter hasn't had that many exciting outings to soak up all the Christmas Happenings. So...we have decided to jam it all in to a 24 hour period. Hubby is taking Friday off of work and we are going to celebrate Christmas till we drop. Friday morning (early I'm sure because her internal alarm is about 6:00 a.m.) we are going to go see Santa. We are hoping for a better showing this year. We have showed her several Santas and she says she ready to sit on his lap, so we'll see. After sitting with Santa, we are going to go to Build-A-Bear and let her make her first bear. Then it's off to The Pink Pig! This, I am really excited about! Then it's home for nap time. After nap, we're off to a friend's house for a playdate to decorate cookies. Then we're off to meet Hubby for dinner and to go see some Christmas lights. We're going to go to Life College, which should be fun because there are lights, animals and Santa! I don't think we can pack any more into one day. I hope to get a lot of good pictures to post here and to put in my scrapbook.

Saturday we will gather up those last minute items, wrap gifts and just enjoy some time together at home. We will definitely be making some cookies for Santa on Saturday. I have the cookie plate and glass ready for cookies and milk for Santa and a little basket ready to be filled with carrots for the reindeer. Sunday we will be getting together to celebrate Christmas with Hubby's family.

As an added bonus for Daughter, Hubby is taking the day off on Monday and spending the day with her while I go to work. This girl loves her Daddy, so I'm sure she will love every minute of having him to herself.

Speaking of work, the countdown begins...4 days to go! I cannot believe it!

No comments: