My December is out.of.control. There are so many things Hubby and I want to do with Daughter and so many get togethers coming up, that we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off. Add to the fact, I have also quit my job at about the busiest time of year. Also adding to the equation, Hubby will be out of town the first week of the new year, so his work is also crazy busy. So, I did what I always did in school when I felt overwhelmed with my workload, and I wrote it all down. In school, this always made it seem not so bad, even manageable. But when I filled in my calendar, I felt even more overwhelmed. But you want to know the crazy thing, I'm still really enjoying everything. Yes, there have been times over the last week that I have been on my way to another gathering and I didn't want to go. I was running late, looking frazzled and had thoughts of throwing in the towel, but went anyway. And at the end of the night, when I was on my way back home, I was so glad that I had gone. So many of my to-dos lately have been without Hubby, but Friday night we had our Sunday School Christmas Party that we actually got to do together. Just like I said a minute ago, I was running late, making my dish at the last second, forgetting the gift at home and having to go back, looking frazzled, completely ready to throw in the towel...but we went. And we had a really great time! I got to visit with some people in our class that I rarely have the chance to talk to, eat some yummy food and laugh about the White Elephant gifts opened. Isabell stayed with Hubby's parents so we even got to sleep in on Saturday morning....BONUS!
When I finished filling in my calendar and I felt that surge of being entirely overwhelmed, I reminded myself that this is not what Christmas is about. Christmas is not about the parties, the gifts, what outfit I'll wear, what dish I bring, or if I get it all done. It's about the birth of Jesus. The birth of a baby boy, who would one day die on the cross for our sins, so that we may have eternal life.
"But the angel of the Lord said to the shepherds, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." -Luke 2:10-11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment