Yes, it's been over a month since I posted anything to the good ole blog. At this point, I don't know if anyone even reads it anymore.
Anyhoo, we have been adjusting to life with a new baby in the house. When I brought Son home, I brought home a sweet, happy little boy. Well, things quickly changed and within 2 weeks we had a very unhappy little fella on our hands. He was diagnosed with reflux and they put him on medication. We didn't really feel like that medication was working so we tried another medication. Let's just say that medication definitetly didn't work. He screamed for four days straight and two of those days were Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. It was pretty miserable. And as exhausted and frustrated as I was, I just felt so bad for my little guy because you could tell he was in pain. Saturday morning we headed off to the doctor to get some answers. They put him back on his original medication, but they upped the dosage. Well that seemed to work. He is still fussy in the evening, but I just think that is his witching hour, nothing to do with his reflux. He will only sleep in his carseat. I know, I know...bad habit. But if the boy will sleep restfully there, I am going to let him and undo the bad habit later on.
I feel bad for daughter. She has definitely gotten the short end of the stick throughout all this. But Hubby has been a huge help with her and making sure she gets extra luvs. And her grandparents have been a big help, trying to take her and spend special time with her. As adults, you know this won't last forever and eventually a baby will outgrow this stuff, but a 3 year old doesn't understand that. She's doing pretty good with it though. I definitely try to make my pockets of time count with her and she looks forward to that.
I promise to upload some pictures of our brood soon. To be truthful, I haven't taken that many pictures. It's kind of been like survival mode around here these days. But we seem to be settling into more of a routine, so I'll try to be better about giving my blog some attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I definitely read your blog, but don't necessarily leave comments. It's the first of the year and people haven't gotten into motion just yet. Keep blogging. Your Mama enjoys it.
Love,
Mama
Post a Comment