Friday, October 10, 2008

Another Tag

I feel so special, I got tagged again. I am supposed to choose 6 quirks and blog about them. My friend put it best. She said that quirks are not necessarily bad things, they just make a person unique.

1. When I am driving to a new place and following directions, I take my sunglasses off to read the directions. Why? Don't you think in the bright sun I could see the directions better if I had my sunglasses on?

2. I like things to be symmetrical. Not just items, like matching bedside lamps, but dates. That sound confusing, I know, so let me explain. I like to end things at the end of a week, month or year. It seems unfinished to me to stop something in the middle of a process. For example, throughout my jobs in high school and college, when I would quit I would insist on working through the end of the month, because I thought it would feel unfinished or incomplete.

3. I rarely leave the house without a pair of sunglasses on the top of my head. And sometimes, I wear one pair on top of my head and one on my eyes. Sunglasses are really the only comfortable thing I can put on my head that will keep my hair out of my face.

4. I have always had some self control issues with certain types of food. For example, peanut butter, cheetos & popcorn don't stand a chance at our house. So, the answer...I don't buy them. I walk right past them at the grocery store without a second glance. Okay, I do glance at them and sometimes I stop for a long stare. But, I make a list and stick to it, and none of those things are on the list. I can seriously eat a whole bag of cheese puffs in one sitting. Hello, my name is Felicia and I have a problem.

5. If I start watching a movie or a show on TV, I have to finish it or either tape it to watch it later. Even if the show or movie is absolutely terrible, I have to see the end. I don't know if it is the forever optimist in me, hoping that it will be good at the end or what. If I try to turn it off and go to bed, I can't sleep for thinking about it.

6. I won't leave the house without makeup on. It's not because I think I am heinous looking without makeup on, because I actually have good skin. I don't know why, I just won't do it.

There you go, warts and all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha! Those were funny! I totally know what you mean about the peanut butter, the sunglasses on the head, & the no leaving the house w/o makeup on. So true for me too!!! :-)