Friday, November 6, 2009

Blessed

My Mother-in-law and Aunt-in-law threw my son and I a baby shower a few weekends ag0. They did such a great job with everything and a good time was had by all! Son got some wonderful things needed to prepare for his impending arrival. I got to see a lot of family that I don't get to see very often because they don't live close by and I also got to see a couple of my high school and college friends that I don't get to spend much time with due to busy schedules. I couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday afternoon! I came home with all the goodies and showed hubby and, like me, he was overwhelmed with the generosity of our friends and family. During our wedding and the birth of our first child, I remember feeling the same way. Just so completely blessed to have so many people in our lives that love us and care about us and involved in our lives. And I'm not just talking about the gifts they brought with them. It's also the time that many of them gave up to drive long distances just to spend a few hours celebrating the anticipated arrival of our new addition. Our little family is just so absolutely blessed, and it's occassions like this that I feel completely overwhelmed by that. I thank God every day that my children are surrounded by this love and all the blessings of having such amazing people in their lives.
Here's a couple of pictures of the day!

Mama, Me & my Mother-In-Law
The Hostesses - My Mother-In-Law and my Aunt-In-Law

No comments: