Sunday, November 8, 2009
False Start
I'm 37 weeks pregnant now. I am already scheduled for my C-section in two weeks. Well, Friday morning, I was having contractions as well as a lot of pressure in my back. I had already taken my blood pressure at Kroger that morning and it was a little high, so I decided to go ahead a call the doctor and see if it was anything to be alarmed about. She asked me to come in to the office for monitoring. So about noon, I headed into the doctor's office and by 2:00 she was sending me to the hospital for more monitoring. She said I should take my bags because it could go either way depending on my contractions and my blood pressure. I had another (my 5th) ultrasound, in which my baby boy scored a 8/8 and currently weighs about 7 1/2 lbs. After my ultrasound, they made me just lay in bed for a while, hooked up to a fetal monitor and a blood pressure machine for monitoring. My blood pressure came way back down to a normal rate. The contractions continued, but weren't anything the doctor was concerned about. They also "checked" me and there is nothing going on "down there" at the moment. So for the time being I'm home, trying to take it easy and let this little guy cook until he's ready to come out. The problems with me taking it easy are A.) I have an active 3 year old and B.) it's not natural for me to lay down or sit down for the majority of my waking hours. I'm trying though. After all, it's only two more weeks and it's what is best for my son.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment