Saturday, September 6, 2008

Favorite Things

Okay, so I missed yesterday and almost missed today in posting on "The Eight Days of Daughter." You see, our house is brimming with anticipation of the Big Birthday Party. Yesterday, I just plain ran out of steam and was wiped out and today was pretty much the same. Hubby and I were going all out getting everything ready for the party. But I did manage to come up with something small today.

I thought I would list Daughter's Favorite things. It always makes me grin to see the things that children attach themselves to. Sometimes it is something totally expected, like a blanket or a binky, and other times it is something totally unexpected, like a remote or a coaster. So here is Daughter's top five for unexpected and expected attachments.

Expected Top Five:
1. Her Binky - like I said in a previous post: Love at First Sight
2. Her Luvee - (Blanket) My Grandmother made her the most precious, soft blanket
3. Her Daddy - Her favorite accessory
4. Her Sippy Cup - She drinks all.the.time.
5. Her Books - This kid loves to read

Unexpected Top Five
1. Foam Sword - Yes, this toy has been in time-out many times, as you can imagine
2. Sand Shovels - Don't get me started
3. Mortar & Pestle - A wooden one from our honeymoon in Jamaica, Why? I Don't know.
4. Swifter Duster - And it has to be the extended handle version. Seriously.
5. DVD Cases - Or, as Daughter would say "DBD". I have no idea on this one.

Tomorrow is the big day and will also close out "The Eight Days of Daughter". I've enjoyed sharing things with everyone about my girl. And hopefully you have gotten to see a few hidden pieces of her, and of Hubby and myself. I hope to put together a slideshow, like I did in the first post, with pictures of her birthday party. I'm sure there will be enough pictures for an army by the time it's all said and done. So, until then...

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hope her party is a blast~ thanks for sharing about your beautiful blessing!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wes and Felicia,

I think I've got this blogging figured out. I entered a comment that showed up on Wednesday's blog, but I want to get this right. Today is Sunday and the week and the party is over. Thank you so much for this week of memories. What a precious gift to have given your daughter and the ones who love you guys so very much.
Poppy and I are so very proud of the happy, Christian home you two have created for our precious Isabell. This week of sharing your lives and hearts with all of us will be a treasure we read over and over again through the years.
Thank you!
Love,
Lulu