Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Guardian Angel

Some people don't believe in Guardian Angels, but I do. I believe that Daughter has her own 'special' Guardian Angel that God has assigned to her, and I believe that angel is my sister, Jennifer. For those of you who aren't familiar with my story, I had a sister that passed away when I was seven. And I feel, as does my whole family, that we were all blessed to have her in our lives for every one of her twelve years. I believe she is with my daughter now. I see so much of my sister in my daughter. With each passing day, my daughter looks more and more like my sister. The champagne color of my daughter's hair, is the exact same color as Jennifer's hair. Daughter wrinkles her mouth just as Jennifer used to do. She is stubborn and strong-willed, just like Jennifer. The way she looks at me, and I see the wheels turning, but she doesn't have the words to express her thoughts are very reminiscent of the looks that crossed my sister's face when she was unable to express her own thoughts. And she has her own way of doing things in her own time, you guessed it, just like Jennifer. And I feel a sense of comfort in this belief that they are keeping each other company on this adventure and journey of my daughter's life. The steps that Jennifer couldn't make on her own, will now be made through Daughter. I'm comforted in believing that when I cannot be there with her in the tough situations, that Jennifer will be there with her, guiding her, and holding her hand. And as the years go by and I have to let go of my little girl and give her some independence, I will know that she will be okay because I know she won't be alone, she'll have her special angel by her side.

1 comment:

The Morelly Family said...

Oh my goodness...where is the box of tissues? You're killin' me here girlfriend. Another great post. I'm so proud to see you opening up & sharing with your friends & family. But seriously, enough with the tear jerkers.. :-)