Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Daughter

I do not hold a candle to my wife's writing ability, so I will not even try.

I will never forget September 3rd 2006 at 7:53am. It was the day the most beautiful little girl arrived at Northside Hospital. It was the most amazing moment of my life. Every day since then I have been a better person because of that little bundle of joy my wife birthed into this world. I wanted to tell you a few of ways that my daughter has blessed me.

Perspective - I understand what is important in my life so much more than I did before. It was like having your eyes opened by God to see what he has put me here for. She has just put everything in my life into perspective on whatever the circumstance.

My Love for my Wife - Daughter has shown me so many parts of my wife that I never appreciated or saw before she was here. My wife is the greatest person I know. She gives her time, love, understanding and commitment to Daughter and I everyday without the thanks or praise that she deserves. If I could be half the Father to Daughter that she has for a Mother I would be blessed.

Attitude - Every morning when I would wake up and go into Daughter's room to get her up for the day she would look up at me like I was the greatest thing she has ever seen. Now I usually wake up to her in our bed and her saying "Hi Daddy". This is not too bad either. There is no way I can not start my day without a smile having her for a daughter. No matter what kind of day I had at work it all goes away the minute my little girl jumps into my arms screaming "Daddy".

Faith - There was no way after seeing Daughter born to not believe that God is watching out for me. My convictions and faith in God has only become stronger with every passing day I spend with her. How blessed I am to have such a wonderful Wife and Daughter to love.

I always thought that it would be my job to help make Daughter become the beautiful person she will be. I never thought she would be the one making me the better person for it.

4 comments:

Mama said...

Thank you posting baby! And what a wonderful post. Our daughter is so blessed to have a Daddy that loves her so much and is setting a great example of what she should look for in a future mate. Love you!

The Morelly Family said...

Spoken like a true Daddy! Believe it or not things are only going to get better as she grows up! Loved the post and hope to see more from you!

The Harris' said...

Okay, Wes you got the tears too! Thank you for sharing your heart.

Anonymous said...

Dear Felicia and Wes,

What a wonderful gift to give your daughter and all of us who love the three of you so very much. I am responding on a crazy day, because I haven't quite got the hang of this blogging. However, it is Sunday evening and these eight days are over. How much fun this week has been for Poppy and me! This week of blogs will be kept for the rest of our lives as a precious reminder of what wonderful parents you two are and of the happy home you two are creating for Isabell. Thank you!!! Precious memories are so very important in life. Good memories make trying days bearable.

Love,
LuLu